Samsung Gear Fit2 Hands on
Samsung Gear Fit2 has all trimmings of a fitness tracker and smartwatch in one powerful, comfortable wearable.
The curved screen and beautiful AMOLED display is appealing to look at and feels comfortable on the wrist. And I really like the price. The Fit 2 is available now for $179/AU$289 (about £125), significantly less than the comparable Microsoft Band 2, Garmin Vivosmart HR+ and Fitbit Surge.
A great fitness wearable, except…
Gear Fit2 Features
- Built-in GPS
- Built-in music player with Internal storage
- Accurate activity tracking
- Charges easily on magnetic doc
- Smartwatch notifications (include text, calls, email, apps, reminders and calendar)
Gear Fit 2 Specs
- Display: 1.5 Curved Super AMOLED
- Operating System: Tizen
- RAM: 512MB
- Internal Storage: 4GB
- Battery: 200mAh
- Sensors: GPS, Barometer, Heart Rate Monitor, Accelerometer, Gyro
- Compatibility: Android 4.4 Kit Kat and above; 1.5GB of RAM
- IP68 Dust & Water Resistant
- all powered by Tizen through a Samsung-made 1GHz dual-core processor
How do I use Spotify® on the Gear Fit2?
From the Home screen, touch Apps.
Touch Samsung Gear.
Touch Samsung Galaxy Apps.
- Search for Spotify for Gear Fit2 and then touch the Download icon.
- Touch ACCEPT AND DOWNLOAD.
- Now Spotify® will appear on your Gear Fit2.
All reviews said/showed that it would contain a native spotify app. I´m trying to find that app – but no luck!
The Solution ..
– Empty the cache and data of the app Galaxy Apps (Settings, Application Manager, Galaxy Apps, Delete Data, Clear Cache)
– delete your Samsung account (remember to back up your data!)
– Then install from the Play Store or the App Hola or TunnelBear
– turn off your smartphone
– remove your sim card
– reboot your smartphone
– connect your smartphone to your FIT2 Gear (usually c ‘ automatically as soon as you activate the bluetooth)
– activate the WiFi connection on your smartphone
How can I update the software on my Samsung Gear Fit 2?
Open the Samsung Gear app on your mobile device.
Touch About Gear.
Touch Update Gear Software.
Touch Update now. The app will look for the latest software. If available, follow the instructions to update your Gear.
Update in process
it’s pretty easy to see how many improvements Samsung made before making the Gear Fit 2 announcement